Akshat Verma to turn director
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Akshat Verma, the writer of the delightful Delhi Belly which had Imran Khan, Vir Das and Kunal Roy Kapoor as roommates, is back. The 2011 adult comedy, which was produced by Aamir Khan Productions and directed by Abhinay Deo had became extremely popular because of the hilarious one liners and remarkable performances by the lead actors.
The writer who is based in Los Angeles and flits between India and the US has finished writing his second script. However this time round he will turn director with his story. Currently in India and giving the finishing touches to his script, the writer says that his second offering is a black comedy. "Writing takes time, but now I am ready to roll. Like Delhi Belly, this film too will be funny because my writing has to have comic elements. I don't know whether Aamir Khan Productions will come on board as producers as I still have to show my script to Aamir, but Disney UTV Motion Pictures has already agreed to produce it," he said.