Akshat Verma to turn director
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Akshat Verma, the writer of the delightful Delhi Belly which had Imran Khan, Vir Das and Kunal Roy Kapoor as roommates, is back. The 2011 adult comedy, which was produced by Aamir Khan Productions and directed by Abhinay Deo had became extremely popular because of the hilarious one liners and remarkable performances by the lead actors.
The writer who is based in Los Angeles and flits between India and the US has finished writing his second script. However this time round he will turn director with his story. Currently in India and giving the finishing touches to his script, the writer says that his second offering is a black comedy. "Writing takes time, but now I am ready to roll. Like Delhi Belly, this film too will be funny because my writing has to have comic elements. I don't know whether Aamir Khan Productions will come on board as producers as I still have to show my script to Aamir, but Disney UTV Motion Pictures has already agreed to produce it," he said.