Akshay Kumar and Karan Johar team up
- Election LIVE: Congress releases second list of candidates for 71 seats
- Supreme Court denies bail for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi HC upholds death sentence of four convicts
- US investigators suspect missing Malaysia jetliner flew for hours after losing contact
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Karan Johar has teamed up with Akshay Kumar for a film to be directed by Punit Malhotra. Kumar will play one of the leads in the movie and the shooting of the film is scheduled to start early next year.
Talking about the project, Johar said, "I can't divulge much. But, what I can definitely say is that it is a mainstream film with a strong underlying social message. Punit approached me with this amazing script and I immediately contacted Akshay who was equally thrilled with the idea. If Dharma Productions has to collaborate with Akshay, then it has to be the right kind of film. And, as I said earlier, apart from being commercial, the film has a strong message."
Meanwhile, Kumar said, "We are two very passionate producers with one great aim—to entertain. Both Karan and I want to make our fathers proud." The film will be co-produced by Hiroo Johar and Twinkle Khanna.