Akshay Kumar and Karan Johar team up
- Fresh tremors felt in Nepal as death toll crosses 4,000 mark
- Nepal Earthquake: At Kathmandu Airport, a bit of panic, a lot of paranthas and puri
- Paid Rs 320 for a bottle of water, Nepal quake survivors recall the horror
- Nepal earthquake: First hand account from a mountaineer
- Even moderate tremors can cause heavy casualties in Delhi: Experts
Karan Johar has teamed up with Akshay Kumar for a film to be directed by Punit Malhotra. Kumar will play one of the leads in the movie and the shooting of the film is scheduled to start early next year.
Talking about the project, Johar said, "I can't divulge much. But, what I can definitely say is that it is a mainstream film with a strong underlying social message. Punit approached me with this amazing script and I immediately contacted Akshay who was equally thrilled with the idea. If Dharma Productions has to collaborate with Akshay, then it has to be the right kind of film. And, as I said earlier, apart from being commercial, the film has a strong message."
Meanwhile, Kumar said, "We are two very passionate producers with one great aim—to entertain. Both Karan and I want to make our fathers proud." The film will be co-produced by Hiroo Johar and Twinkle Khanna.