Akshay Kumar and Karan Johar team up
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Karan Johar has teamed up with Akshay Kumar for a film to be directed by Punit Malhotra. Kumar will play one of the leads in the movie and the shooting of the film is scheduled to start early next year.
Talking about the project, Johar said, "I can't divulge much. But, what I can definitely say is that it is a mainstream film with a strong underlying social message. Punit approached me with this amazing script and I immediately contacted Akshay who was equally thrilled with the idea. If Dharma Productions has to collaborate with Akshay, then it has to be the right kind of film. And, as I said earlier, apart from being commercial, the film has a strong message."
Meanwhile, Kumar said, "We are two very passionate producers with one great aim—to entertain. Both Karan and I want to make our fathers proud." The film will be co-produced by Hiroo Johar and Twinkle Khanna.