Akshay Kumar claims Hockey India League has potential to change face of hockey
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Tharoor mocks at Modi's meeting with actors; 80 pc polling in Inner Manipur
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Karthik-led DD face RCB
STAR Sports, Asia''s leading sports broadcaster, today announced a promotional tie-up with leading Bollywood Superstar Akshay Kumar for the first edition of Hockey India League (HIL).
Kumar, who is popularly known for his blockbuster Bollywood hits and hard hitting action roles, will be promoting the league through specially crafted promotional spots.
He will also use this opportunity to promote his upcoming movie ''Special 26''. The movie is scheduled to be released on 8th of February 2013.
Speaking on the occasion, Akshay Kumar, said, "I am glad to be associated with this spectacular event. I am a sportsperson by heart and it is good to see world class hockey action across cities in the country. I have seen some of the matches and loved what I saw. The quality of action is amazing as you see the best of players in the world showcase their talent on the turf. Day before yesterday''s match between Mumbai Magicians and Delhi Waveriders was a blockbuster with two evenly balanced teams scoring as many as 10 goals between them.
This is exactly the kind of hockey which will attract the youth of today. This league has the potential to change the face of hockey in the country. I will follow as many matches as I can and I think we have here a recipe for a very successful property for years to come."
Aloke Malik, Managing Director, ESPN Software India Pvt. Ltd, said, "We are delighted to be associated with Akshay Kumar for Hockey India League. We will leverage the India England ODI series to promote this association. Akshay will be seen in specially crafted promotional spots for HHIL which will be played during the 4th ODI while a special on-air integration is being planned for the last ODI as well."
Prior to the commencement of the tournament, STAR Sports has unveiled former India cricketer and Member of Parliament Navjot Singh Sidhu as the brand ambassador for the Hero Hockey India League.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18