Akshay Kumar cuts his remuneration to half for 'Special Chabbis'
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
"I am not worried. I don't have any kind of pressure. For me this film ('Special Chabbis') is very important and this movie can be made in a certain budget. Every film has different budget and different set of audience. Looking at the audience for this film I have charged half my remuneration for this film in comparison to what I charge for other films," Akshay said.
"I did so because I did not want to put pressure on this film. It is a great product and I am sure people will like it
I enjoyed it. I am proud to be associated with it," he added.
Directed by Neeraj Pandey of 'A Wednesday' fame, 'Special Chabbis' is a heist drama film, starring Akshay, Kajal Agarwal, Jimmy Shergill, Manoj Bajpai and Anupam Kher. The movie is set in the early 1980s.
It is reported that the film takes its concept from the real-life daring heist dated back to 1987 where an unknown man posing as a CBI officer executed a daylight income tax raid on the Opera House branch of Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri in Mumbai, and disappeared with jewellery worth lakhs.
"Its a different story.. Its inspired from a real story. In 1986, there have been quite a few incidents where fake CBI people looted politicians and all. It is a real incident so that is what attracted me to do this film. To do a film on a real incident is a different experience. We all know Neeraj is an asset," the 45-year-old actor said.
The film will see Akshay playing the role of a fake CBI officer named Ajay Singh. "Neeraj did all the homework as its his story, screenplay.. I only followed what he said. I do three-four films a year.. this is Neeraj's second film after 'A Wednesday'.. He knows his work best. So he did all the homework ," Akshay said.
Akshay, who has been paired up with 'Singham' actress Kajal for the first time, is all praise for her.
"She is beautiful, talented and professional as she has learnt so much from down south. She fitted the character very well. The bonding was very good with her. I enjoyed working with her," he said.
The 'Khiladi' star also claimed that he became good friends with senior actor Anupam Kher during 'Special Chabbis'.
"I have worked with Anupam Kher in the past.. I think I have got a new friend in him while doing this film. I had a great time. We became close friends.. We talk in every two-three days. I found a new friend in him. Manoj Bajpayee is also good," he said.
The film will hit theatres on February 8.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy