Akshay Kumar, Shilpa Shetty's 'Dhadkan' to return
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Train derails in Assam, at least 50 passengers injured
- Narendra Modi glue binds splintered Maharashtra
- Muslims afraid of Modi, but Rajnath like Atal: Shia cleric
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia Gandhi to address first poll rally in Telangana today
The makers of Akshay Kumar-Shilpa Shetty starrer Dhadkan are planning a sequel to the romantic blockbuster.
The 2000 romantic drama, directed by Dharmesh Darshan dealt with the love triangle between Akshay, Shilpa and Sunil Shetty. The film was produced by Ratan Jain of Venus.
"A lot of people have been constantly asking me about our plans of making 'Dhadkan 2'. I am happy to announce that we plan to go on-floors this year. The essence of the film will remain same however, the new age sensibilities will be kept in mind," Ratan Jain said in a statement.
The makers are looking to release the film sometime next year.
"I feel humbled and honoured. To follow-up what is considered a classic is challenging," Darshan said.