Akshay Kumar starts shooting for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Gabbar'
- Target Uttar Pradesh: Narendra Modi goes to Varanasi, Rajnath Singh heads to Lucknow
- TRS rules out alliance with Congress in Lok Sabha, Assembly polls
- AAP releases sixth list; Tribal activist Soni Sori and Shazia Ilmi get tickets
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
Bollywood's 'Khiladi' Akshay Kumar has switched to work mood and started shooting for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's upcoming film Gabbar in Goa.
According to reports, Akshay Kumar has been holidaying with his family in the coastal state since his actress wife Twinkle Khanna's birthday on December 29.
Akshay Kumar Posted the picture (above) on Instagram saying: Starting the #NewYear, with a New Movie, a New Look & by God's Grace lots of Luck!! 1st shot for #GABBAR :) Wish me luck!
Akshay needs all the luck he can have as 2013 did not turn out to be as fruitful as the actor had expected. Last year, two out of his three films bombed at the Box Office. While 'Special 26' did moderately well, 'Once Upon A Time In Mumbai Dobaara' and 'Boss' were outright disasters.
Meanwhile, a pleasant surprise awaited Akshay on the sets of 'Gabbar', where actress Karisma Kapoor turned up to wish him luck. Akshay posted the picture (above) on Instagram: What a beautiful #BlastFromMyPast! My 1st Heroine came to wish me luck for my new film! #KarismaKapoor u still Rock;)
Gabbar is an upcoming action drama film directed by Krish and produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. 'Gabbar' also stars Shruti Haasan in the lead role. The film is expected to release worldwide on December 25 this year. 'Gabbar' is an official remake of the 2002 critically and commercially successful Tamil A. R. Murugadoss film Ramana, starring Vijaykanth in the lead.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- I skiI skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Trouble for Khobragade as govt finds daughters have US, Indian passports