Akshay Kumar turns singer, dedicates 'Special Chabbis' song to wife Twinkle for wedding anniv, Valentine's Day
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Bollywood's action hero Akshay Kumar has turned singer in his upcoming film 'Special Chabbis' and has dedicated the song to his wife Twinkle Khanna.
Akshay sang the song 'Mujme Tu...' in front of the media today during the music launch of 'Special Chabbis' at a cinema hall in South Mumbai.
Apparently, this is the same song for which he had rehearsed but it has not been used in the movie.
"I rehearsed it (the song) for three hours before recording. However, this song will not be used in the film. I just did it as a passion," he told reporters this evening.
The 45-year-old actor said he wants to dedicate the song to his wife. "I want to dedicate this song to my wife Twinkle as tomorrow is our wedding anniversary and Valentine's Day is also coming soon."
The film industry's 'Khiladi' had reportedly sung a few lines of a song from his 2010 comedy 'Khatta Meetha'.
The music launch was held at Regal cinema, where movie premieres used to take place in 1980s. The music of 'Special Chabbis', slated for February 8 release, has been given by M M Kreem.
Directed by Neeraj Pandey of 'A Wednesday' fame, the film is based on a true incident of robbery where 26 people posing as Income Tax officials raided a famous jewellery store in Opera House here in the 1980s.
"I can't reveal much about the film as there are lots of twists and turns in it. But I can say that I reinvented myself with this film and had a lot of fun while shooting. I realised it is fun to do this kind of film," Akshay said.
Besides him, other actors of the film like Manoj Bajpai, Anupam Kher, Kajal Aggarwal and Divya Dutta were present on the occasion.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun