Akshay Kumar turns singer, dedicates 'Special Chabbis' song to wife Twinkle for wedding anniv, Valentine's Day
- India vs Sri Lanka Live Cricket Score: Sri Lanka beat India by six wickets to win ICC World Twenty20
- Congress alone can counter BJP's "divisive ideology": Manmohan Singh
- Congress, SP, BSP indulging in "WWF-like fights" in UP: Modi
- 103 crorepati candidates in Odisha's 70 Assembly seats: report
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Mulayam, Mayawati, Kejriwal dreaming of becoming PM, says Kalyan Singh
Bollywood's action hero Akshay Kumar has turned singer in his upcoming film 'Special Chabbis' and has dedicated the song to his wife Twinkle Khanna.
Akshay sang the song 'Mujme Tu...' in front of the media today during the music launch of 'Special Chabbis' at a cinema hall in South Mumbai.
Apparently, this is the same song for which he had rehearsed but it has not been used in the movie.
"I rehearsed it (the song) for three hours before recording. However, this song will not be used in the film. I just did it as a passion," he told reporters this evening.
The 45-year-old actor said he wants to dedicate the song to his wife. "I want to dedicate this song to my wife Twinkle as tomorrow is our wedding anniversary and Valentine's Day is also coming soon."
The film industry's 'Khiladi' had reportedly sung a few lines of a song from his 2010 comedy 'Khatta Meetha'.
The music launch was held at Regal cinema, where movie premieres used to take place in 1980s. The music of 'Special Chabbis', slated for February 8 release, has been given by M M Kreem.
Directed by Neeraj Pandey of 'A Wednesday' fame, the film is based on a true incident of robbery where 26 people posing as Income Tax officials raided a famous jewellery store in Opera House here in the 1980s.
"I can't reveal much about the film as there are lots of twists and turns in it. But I can say that I reinvented myself with this film and had a lot of fun while shooting. I realised it is fun to do this kind of film," Akshay said.
Besides him, other actors of the film like Manoj Bajpai, Anupam Kher, Kajal Aggarwal and Divya Dutta were present on the occasion.
- Rahul Gandhi admits 'mistake' of losing touch with people in Delhi
- There will be serious consequences if Modi becomes PM: Chidambaram
- Mulayam, Mayawati, Kejriwal dreaming of becoming PM: Kalyan Singh
- Congress alone can counter BJP's “divisive ideology”: Manmohan Singh
- Amit Shah booked for his “revenge” remark
- AAP to concentrate on Nilgiris, Central Chennai, Sivaganga
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death