Alarm bells after UFO appears over Jamnagar refinery
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Jamnagar refinery's two units have the capacity to process 62 million tonnes of crude annually, which is 27 per cent of India's total refining capacity. An incident at the refinery complex would significantly affect production of oil and cooking gas.
Despite the danger, the refinery continues to be protected only by a 250-member commando unit of the Central Industrial Security Force which provides perimeter security on the side of both the sea and the city.