Alarm bells after UFO appears over Jamnagar refinery
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
The Jamnagar refinery's two units have the capacity to process 62 million tonnes of crude annually, which is 27 per cent of India's total refining capacity. An incident at the refinery complex would significantly affect production of oil and cooking gas.
Despite the danger, the refinery continues to be protected only by a 250-member commando unit of the Central Industrial Security Force which provides perimeter security on the side of both the sea and the city.