Ali Zafar plays rockstar in 'Aman Ki Asha'
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Pakistani singer and musician Ali Zafar will reprise his real life profession on screen for the first time. In his forthcoming film, Aman Ki Asha, the actor will be essaying the role of a Pakistani rockstar.
Reveals a source close to the project, "In the film, Ali plays a Pakistani rockstar, who arrives in London and that is where the story unfolds."
Zafar, who's on a career high after the success of his latest film Chashme Baddoor, has been cast opposite Yaami Gautam. The actress who made her Bollywood debut as a Bengali girl in Vicky Donor, will play the role of a Punjabi kudi settled in London.
"The movie becomes interesting when Ali and Yaami fall in love with each other.
The basic theme of the film is how the duo overcome parental
objection; the actress's parents—played by Anupam and Kirron Kher are conservative Indians," says the source.
Written and produced by Neeraj Pandey and directed by Eeshwar Niwas, the film marks the Bollywood debut of television actor Sara Khan, who was seen in TV show Dhoond Legi Manzil Hame on Star One. Khan has been roped in to play the younger sister of Yaami Gautam. Shot at a studio and real locations in London, the movie is complete and is slated for a September 2013 release.