Ali Zafar plays rockstar in 'Aman Ki Asha'
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- BSY keeps a low profile, his supporters not sure about BJP
- Modi in TN, Jaya first time targets BJP
- Election Live: AAP candidate in Nalanda beaten up, Shazia Ilmi's rally attacked in MP
Pakistani singer and musician Ali Zafar will reprise his real life profession on screen for the first time. In his forthcoming film, Aman Ki Asha, the actor will be essaying the role of a Pakistani rockstar.
Reveals a source close to the project, "In the film, Ali plays a Pakistani rockstar, who arrives in London and that is where the story unfolds."
Zafar, who's on a career high after the success of his latest film Chashme Baddoor, has been cast opposite Yaami Gautam. The actress who made her Bollywood debut as a Bengali girl in Vicky Donor, will play the role of a Punjabi kudi settled in London.
"The movie becomes interesting when Ali and Yaami fall in love with each other.
The basic theme of the film is how the duo overcome parental
objection; the actress's parents—played by Anupam and Kirron Kher are conservative Indians," says the source.
Written and produced by Neeraj Pandey and directed by Eeshwar Niwas, the film marks the Bollywood debut of television actor Sara Khan, who was seen in TV show Dhoond Legi Manzil Hame on Star One. Khan has been roped in to play the younger sister of Yaami Gautam. Shot at a studio and real locations in London, the movie is complete and is slated for a September 2013 release.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit