ĎAliasí minister takes oath again
- Pakistan High Commission staffer asked to leave India after leak of sensitive defence documents
- Cyrus Mistry hits back at Tata Group with slew of allegations: Fraudulent transactions, unethical ways
- Tata Sons vs Cyrus: Sebi, govt keep watch, BSE seeks clarification
- Kashmir is a matter for India, Pakistan to sort out: British PM Theresa May
- It's unfortunate, because it has set a terrible precedent: Farhan Akhtar on Johar-MNS deal
One of the new ministers of state in the Akhilesh Yadav government had to be administered the oath of office and secrecy a second time on Friday because he used his alias, not his actual name, the first time on Thursday.
Governor B L Joshi administered the oath to Tej Narain Pandey, MLA from Ayodhya, at Raj Bhavan. Yesterday, Pandey had taken oath as Pawan Pandey.
This is not the first time a SP leader has committed a faux pas during oath-taking. Last year, when the Akhilesh Yadav government was formed, senior SP leader Azam Khan did not read the oath properly. He was again administered the oath.
- By brokering for MNS, Devendra Fadnavis has shown himself as a CM afraid of a bully
- Pak PM would do well to study the past before choosing Raheel Sharif’s successor
- What general news channels could learn from business news anchors
- India’s abstention from UN negotiations for nuclear disarmament would be a lost chance
- India must delink classroom teaching from student learning
- In the long run, the rift within SP may make space for a clearer leadership