ĎAliasí minister takes oath again
- Delhi demolition drive: Kejriwal rejects Railways' claims, orders probe
- Artist Hema Upadhyay, her lawyer found dead in Mumbai drain
- Kejriwal urged Suresh Prabhu to look into JJ issue in Dec 1 letter
- Parliament should function through debate, not disruption : President Pranab Mukherjee
- PM Kerala event: Congress to hold prayer meeting to protest snub to Chandy
One of the new ministers of state in the Akhilesh Yadav government had to be administered the oath of office and secrecy a second time on Friday because he used his alias, not his actual name, the first time on Thursday.
Governor B L Joshi administered the oath to Tej Narain Pandey, MLA from Ayodhya, at Raj Bhavan. Yesterday, Pandey had taken oath as Pawan Pandey.
This is not the first time a SP leader has committed a faux pas during oath-taking. Last year, when the Akhilesh Yadav government was formed, senior SP leader Azam Khan did not read the oath properly. He was again administered the oath.
- India-Pakistan must take small steps, focus on tangible achievements
- At the very least, the odd-even policy will initiate a conversation on car use
- Rear View: How a book was banned
- Delhi’s car-free day and odd-even formula will force undesired holidays
- Twenty-first century town-planning must put nature at its heart
- India, Pak inherited a clutch of problems as the inevitable result of Partition