alice munro wins Lit Nobel
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- Those with blood on their hands should not speak about the country: Mamata
- After Mulayam's rape shocker, Abu Azmi suggests death for sex 'with or without consent'
Alice Munro, 82.The Swedish Academy, which selects the winners, called Munro the "master of the contemporary short story"
Lives of Girls and Women; Who Do You Think You Are?; The Progress of Love; Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage; Runaway
Munro has published more than a dozen collections of short stories since 1960s, often focussing on the lives of girls and women from towns and farming communities in of her home town of Ontario
Munro is the only Canadian winner of this prize. She is also one of the few literature laureates to write almost exclusively in short story form
* 105 Nobel literature prizes have been awarded between 1901-2012.
* The youngest laureate
was Rudyard Kipling, best known for The Jungle Book. He was 42 years old when he won in 1907.
* Doris Lessing was the
oldest winner. She was 88 when she won in 2007
* Only twelve women have been awarded the Nobel in this field.