Alien message embedded in our genetic code?
- In Karnataka, Modi hits back at Rahul over balloon jibe on Gujarat model, asks if he trusts Sonia
- 'Deeply saddened' over his expulsion, Jaswant Singh says BJP has lost its vision
- Sabir Ali steps up attack on Naqvi, says the BJP leader should prove allegations or apologise
- Five pending cases against Congress' Imran Masood
- India vs Australia Live Cricket Score: India humble Australia by 73 runs
The answer to whether alien life exists may be hiding inside our own body!
According to a new theory, human genetic code is embedded with a "designer label" that may be an indelible stamp of a master extraterrestrial civilisation that preceded us by many millions or billions of years.
Researchers Vladimir I shCherbak of al-Farabi Kazakh National University of Kazakhstan, and Maxim A Makukov of the Fesenkov Astrophysical Institute, hypothesise that an intelligent signal embedded in our genetic code would be a mathematical and semantic message that cannot be accounted for by Darwinian evolution.
Calling it "biological SETI", shCherbak and Makukov argue that the scheme has much greater longevity and chance of detecting alien life than a transient extraterrestrial radio transmission, the 'Discovery News' reported.
"Once fixed, the code might stay unchanged over cosmological timescales, in fact, it is the most durable construct known. Therefore it represents an exceptionally reliable storage for an intelligent signature.
"Once the genome is appropriately rewritten the new code with a signature will stay frozen in the cell and its progeny, which might then be delivered through space and time," the researchers wrote in the journal Icarus.
They said in order to pass the designer label test, any patterns in the genetic code must be highly statistically significant and possess intelligent-like features that are inconsistent with any natural know process.
Researchers said their detailed analysis of the human genome displays a thorough precision-type orderliness in the mapping between DNA's nucleotides and amino acids.
"Simple arrangements of the code reveal an ensemble of arithmetical and ideographical patterns of symbolic language," said researchers.
The scheme includes the use of decimal notation, logical transformations, and the use of the abstract symbol of zero.
"Accurate and systematic, these underlying patterns appear as a product of precision logic and nontrivial computing," researchers wrote.
- AAP thought running government a child's play: Sonia Gandhi
- BJP complains to EC on derogatory remarks against Hema Malini on Facebook
- Fight from Varanasi if you want to stop Modi: RUC to Mulayam
- EC disqualfies 48 contesting candidates including ex-MP in J&K
- BJP gives TDP 24-hours to seal Andhra Pradesh alliance
- DGCA to keep an eye on air charter firms flying politicians