Aligarh Muslim University suspends three students for eve-teasing
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: KXIP win toss, elect to bowl first
Three students of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) have been suspended for their alleged involvement in an eve-teasing incident on campus.
Shadab Alam, Arpit Maheshwari and Shahnawaz Khan were suspended for the incident that took place at the faculty of law on Monday, and are barred from entering the campus, an official said here today.
The students allegedly tried to intimidate senior university officials, including the dean of faculty of law, upon being reprimanded and fired shots from a country made pistol when the proctorial staff arrived on the scene, the official said.
The trio, who were reportedly accompanied by some former students and outsiders, managed to escape when the police arrived.
A case has been filed against ten persons in this connection, Senior Superintendent of Police Piyush Mordia said.
The matter is under investigation and the identities of the remaining persons involved in the incident are being ascertained, he added.