All eyes on Bansal for tomorrow's Rail Budget
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- Donât show exit polls disguised as opinion polls, says poll panel
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
Railways expect to generate Rs 7,000 crore revenue from internal generation and Rs 18,000 crore from market borrowing in next fiscal.
The government may soon notify some works connected with the Railways like afforestation and construction of approach road for crossings under its ambitious rural job scheme which is likely to find a mention in the budget.
Industry has called for speedy implementation of key railway projects such as the Dedicated Freight Corridor, high-speed rail corridors, rolling stock and other capacity enhancement works in the Rail Budget 2013-14.
Currently, industry awaits changes in policies relating to wagon leasing, private freight terminals, special freight train operations which would promote private sector participation in the rail sector.
In response to the industry demand Railways will announce some initiatives to encourage public-private partnerships in rail sector.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18