All eyes on Bansal for tomorrow's Rail Budget
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors slam Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
Railways expect to generate Rs 7,000 crore revenue from internal generation and Rs 18,000 crore from market borrowing in next fiscal.
The government may soon notify some works connected with the Railways like afforestation and construction of approach road for crossings under its ambitious rural job scheme which is likely to find a mention in the budget.
Industry has called for speedy implementation of key railway projects such as the Dedicated Freight Corridor, high-speed rail corridors, rolling stock and other capacity enhancement works in the Rail Budget 2013-14.
Currently, industry awaits changes in policies relating to wagon leasing, private freight terminals, special freight train operations which would promote private sector participation in the rail sector.
In response to the industry demand Railways will announce some initiatives to encourage public-private partnerships in rail sector.