All eyes on the Indian actor
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Biggest phase of voting kicks off across 121 seats in 12 states
Bollywood is yet to live down the high of their film industry being lauded at the recent Marrakech international film festival; they couldn't have asked for a better proof of their popularity, most said. Just days following the event, comes the announcement that actor Anupam Kher has been nominated for 'outstanding performance by a cast in a motion picture' at the 19th Screen Actors' Guild (SAG). A nomination that has him sharing it with the likes of Robert De Niro, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Tucker for the film Silver Linings Playbook. The accolade is unique as it's given by the actor fraternity. "As an actor, it is most gratifying to be recognised by one's peers. Hence this nomination is a high point for me, professionally," said Kher.
The industry was quick to share his excitement, most notable among them being internationally renowned film-maker Shekhar Kapur. "I feel so proud of @AnupamPkher as he stands amongst d best in world being nominated for SAG award," he tweeted. An observation seconded by film-maker Shyam Benegal, who said, "I am delighted to hear that Anupam has been nominated along with renowned actors like Robert De Niro."
Actor Om Puri, who's known to be one of the recognised faces in international cinema, was happy for his friend and colleague, "It's a proud moment for us. And Anupam is a wonderful actor and deserves it." Says Manoj Bajpayee, "I am really very happy for him as I respect him too much." Ask him what the nomination of Kher at an international forum means to an actor like him, and he says. "The more an Indian actor gets credit for their work in international film, the better it is for all of us. It proves that India has lot many talented actors like Anupam, Anil (Kapoor), Irrfan (Khan)."
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18