All in a day of Bandh: Transport ministerís car stopped
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI in deep trouble against RCB
Transport Minister Madan Mitra's car was stopped by CPM supporters at Hazra crossing in Kolkata. Police sources said the strike enforcers gheraoed the minister's car and hurled abuses at him. An unruffled Mitra got down from his car and asked the CPM supporters why they were blocking the road and making it difficult for people to reach hospitals. Police intervened and cleared the road for the minister.
Journo's bandh remark irks Cm
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee lost her cool again when a reporter told her that life in the state was partially hit by the strike. "Have you come here to give your party's views? You are crossing your limit... Many from the CPM channels come here. But I never ask that they be shoved out by the neck," she said.
Lathicharge in City
Police resorted to lathicharge at Rasbehari Avenue crossing in south Kolkata after a group of people tried to impose the strike by stopping some vehicles. Irate CITU supporters ransacked a coffee shop in the area.
A government bus was ransacked in Raiganj in North Dinajpur district on Wednesday by the supporters of the bandh.
Thirty Left Front supporters were arrested from different parts of Kolkata on Wednesday.