All India bandh call by trade unions evokes good response in UP
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
The two-day nationwide strike called by trade unions in support of their demands evoked a good response in Uttar Pradesh today. Roadways buses remained off roads and bank branches were closed in support of the strike call, adversely affecting
normal life since morning. Reports from different parts of the state said employees of various government departments and banks assembled at their respective offices and held protest meetings raising slogans in support of their demands. The state government had made alternative arrangements like pressing private buses into service, but these were not enough to clear the office rush and people had to depend either on private vehicles or autorickshaws to reach their destinations. In the state capital, all the major offices have remained shut with employees also taking out protest marches.