All societies to get deemed conveyance by June, govt sets up panel
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Wary of Muslim âdisapprovalâ, Mamata doesnât meet US envoy
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
To speed up the allotment of deemed conveyance to housing societies before June 2013, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has decided to set up a coordination committee under the Collector.
He has directed that a website be created with information pertaining to all the 88,000 housing societies in the state and their deemed conveyance status. The Coordination Committee will meet every month to ensure a time-bound implementation of the proposal.
A conveyance deed is a document executed to transfer the title of land and building in favour of a society.
The decision for the time-bound implementation was taken during a review meeting conducted by the CM on the implementation of deemed conveyance in Maharashtra. The CM stated that granting of deemed conveyance involves various departments like Housing, Cooperative and Revenue, and the entire process should be coordinated by the Housing department. He directed that more people should be recruited to ensure the process of handing over deemed conveyance is expedited.
Under the law, a builder is required to convey the land and building within four months of formation to the society. However, many builders do not do so. As a result, people who have brought flats do not have ownership of land. To tide over this problem, the government amended the Maharashtra Ownership Flats Act, 1963 (MOFA) and provided for deemed conveyance in favour of legal bodies.
Under this provision, after the expiry of four months of formation of the legal body, the land and building is deemed to have been conveyed to the legal body. To ensure this in the government records, an authority has been designated to hear these cases and execute the conveyance deed in favour of the society.
What is deemed conveyance
Under the law, builder is required to convey land and building within 4 months of formation to society
- Army withdraws invite asking scribes not to wear pheran at J&K press meet
- Orissa law minister shot at in Puri
- In attendance, Rahul led party in Lok Sabha — from the bottom
- Court raises Jaya silver question
- Gang with Pak link duped Indians in Saudi, busted
- Wary of Muslim ‘disapproval’, Mamata doesn’t meet US envoy
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly