All societies to get deemed conveyance by June, govt sets up panel
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
To speed up the allotment of deemed conveyance to housing societies before June 2013, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has decided to set up a coordination committee under the Collector.
He has directed that a website be created with information pertaining to all the 88,000 housing societies in the state and their deemed conveyance status. The Coordination Committee will meet every month to ensure a time-bound implementation of the proposal.
A conveyance deed is a document executed to transfer the title of land and building in favour of a society.
The decision for the time-bound implementation was taken during a review meeting conducted by the CM on the implementation of deemed conveyance in Maharashtra. The CM stated that granting of deemed conveyance involves various departments like Housing, Cooperative and Revenue, and the entire process should be coordinated by the Housing department. He directed that more people should be recruited to ensure the process of handing over deemed conveyance is expedited.
Under the law, a builder is required to convey the land and building within four months of formation to the society. However, many builders do not do so. As a result, people who have brought flats do not have ownership of land. To tide over this problem, the government amended the Maharashtra Ownership Flats Act, 1963 (MOFA) and provided for deemed conveyance in favour of legal bodies.
Under this provision, after the expiry of four months of formation of the legal body, the land and building is deemed to have been conveyed to the legal body. To ensure this in the government records, an authority has been designated to hear these cases and execute the conveyance deed in favour of the society.
What is deemed conveyance
Under the law, builder is required to convey land and building within 4 months of formation to society
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express