All societies to get deemed conveyance by June, govt sets up panel
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi says poverty is a 'tourist destination' for Rahul
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- RSS appeal to âmajorityâ: Vote or become history
He has directed that a website be created with information pertaining to all the 88,000 housing societies in the state and their deemed conveyance status. The Coordination Committee will meet every month to ensure a time-bound implementation of the proposal.
A conveyance deed is a document executed to transfer the title of land and building in favour of a society.
The decision for the time-bound implementation was taken during a review meeting conducted by the CM on the implementation of deemed conveyance in Maharashtra. The CM stated that granting of deemed conveyance involves various departments like Housing, Cooperative and Revenue, and the entire process should be coordinated by the Housing department. He directed that more people should be recruited to ensure the process of handing over deemed conveyance is expedited.
Under the law, a builder is required to convey the land and building within four months of formation to the society. However, many builders do not do so. As a result, people who have brought flats do not have ownership of land. To tide over this problem, the government amended the Maharashtra Ownership Flats Act, 1963 (MOFA) and provided for deemed conveyance in favour of legal bodies.
Under this provision, after the expiry of four months of formation of the legal body, the land and building is deemed to have been conveyed to the legal body. To ensure this in the government records, an authority has been designated to hear these cases and execute the conveyance deed in favour of the society.
What is deemed conveyance
Under the law, builder is required to convey land and building within 4 months of formation to society
Conveyance ensures that ownership of land passes to society
Many builders do not do so which means that people who have brought flats do not have ownership of land
Government amended Maharashtra Ownership Flats Act, 1963 and provided for deemed conveyance in favour of legal bodies
Under this provision after expiry of 4 months of formation of legal body, land and building is deemed to have been conveyed to legal body.
An authority has been designated to hear cases and execute conveyance deed in favour of the society
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota