All societies to get deemed conveyance by June, govt sets up panel
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
Conveyance ensures that ownership of land passes to society
Many builders do not do so which means that people who have brought flats do not have ownership of land
Government amended Maharashtra Ownership Flats Act, 1963 and provided for deemed conveyance in favour of legal bodies
Under this provision after expiry of 4 months of formation of legal body, land and building is deemed to have been conveyed to legal body.
An authority has been designated to hear cases and execute conveyance deed in favour of the society