All who took Class XII Science third semester exam promoted
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Results of Class XII (Science) third semester were declared by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) on Tuesday. As from academic session June 2011-12, the Board decided to divide Class XI and XII exams into four semesters, the final results will be based on average of all these four semesters.
Also, as per the new curriculum for Class XI (introduced in June 2011) and Class XII (in June 2012), no student will be held back in Class XI as re-appear or supplementary exams will be held only after Class XII final result. Thus, no student was declared fail in the results by the Board.
Out of 1,14,729 students, who have registered themselves for the examination, 1,14,505 appeared. Group wise figures revealed that out of total of 78,983 students who registered for Group A (Maths), 78,891 appeared. In Group B (Biology) out of 35,679 registered students, 35,647 appeared. In Group AB, 67 registered and 67 appeared.
However, 35.39 per cent of students of Class XII (old syllabus) Science stream who had re-appeared for their examinations qualified for a certificate or a mark sheet. Out of total 14,564 students who took their re-appear examinations, 4,816 qualified for a certificate.
Out of this total number of 1,14,605 students who appeared for their third semester examinations, maximum (96,450) appeared in Gujarati medium. This was followed by English medium with 16,738 students.
As no marks and only grades were given to students, Ahmedabad city and Surat scored maximum students, 94 each with A1 grade. This was followed by Rajkot with 84 students in Grade A1.
While, semester one and third are entirely objective, 50 per cent of the remaining two semesters have objective questions. The students appearing for Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) Class XII examinations this year have 50 per cent objective questions unlike entire examination based on subjective pattern.
- School kids ‘adopt’ spotted deer at Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Jain trust gets HC caveat to ordain minor as sadhu
- Time to help Zaheer make the decision: Prasad
- BMC in a ‘tearing’ hurry as poll code kicks in
- Two men shot at in Tilak Nagar, different versions puzzle police
- Shami makes most of lively wicket
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express