All who took Class XII Science third semester exam promoted
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
Results of Class XII (Science) third semester were declared by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) on Tuesday. As from academic session June 2011-12, the Board decided to divide Class XI and XII exams into four semesters, the final results will be based on average of all these four semesters.
Also, as per the new curriculum for Class XI (introduced in June 2011) and Class XII (in June 2012), no student will be held back in Class XI as re-appear or supplementary exams will be held only after Class XII final result. Thus, no student was declared fail in the results by the Board.
Out of 1,14,729 students, who have registered themselves for the examination, 1,14,505 appeared. Group wise figures revealed that out of total of 78,983 students who registered for Group A (Maths), 78,891 appeared. In Group B (Biology) out of 35,679 registered students, 35,647 appeared. In Group AB, 67 registered and 67 appeared.
However, 35.39 per cent of students of Class XII (old syllabus) Science stream who had re-appeared for their examinations qualified for a certificate or a mark sheet. Out of total 14,564 students who took their re-appear examinations, 4,816 qualified for a certificate.
Out of this total number of 1,14,605 students who appeared for their third semester examinations, maximum (96,450) appeared in Gujarati medium. This was followed by English medium with 16,738 students.
As no marks and only grades were given to students, Ahmedabad city and Surat scored maximum students, 94 each with A1 grade. This was followed by Rajkot with 84 students in Grade A1.
While, semester one and third are entirely objective, 50 per cent of the remaining two semesters have objective questions. The students appearing for Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) Class XII examinations this year have 50 per cent objective questions unlike entire examination based on subjective pattern.
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players
- Mets feel Raptors’ bite, Wizards tame Bulls again in play-offs