Allahabad: 2 ITBP jawans shot dead in red light area
- VVIP chopper deal: Prosecution blames CBI for not sharing tender papers
- RAW instrumental in grabbing key Indian Mujahideen leaders
- Mumbai Shakti Mills gangrape: All three convicts sentenced to death for repeat offence by a sessions court
- Profile of the young Modi supporter: Male, without a job, and hopeful
- A man can live when heâs hungry, but when heâs insulted, he canât live: Amit Shah
Two ITBP jawans were shot dead in a red light area of the city where they had allegedly picked up a fight with some touts, a police spokesman said on Monday.
Anoop Singh and Lalmani Thakur, posted at the ITBP's 18th battalion on the outskirts of the city, were shot dead by two men on a motorcycle late last night in the infamous Meerganj locality of the city when they were allegedly "haggling" with some touts, the spokesman said.
He said the two Indo-Tibetan Border Police jawans, both in their early 30s, had come there for a pleasure trip.
The jawans allegedly got into fisticuffs with some touts and soon after, a couple of men on a motorcycle shot at them and sped away, he said.
The jawans were rushed to a hospital where they succumbed to injuries, police said.
A case was lodged in this connection and investigation is on, they said.
- Four-time Chikkaballapur MP Jalappa bats for Moily
- Congress cannot be wiped out, Rahul says at Mangalore rally
- Sule leads expenses chart, Kadam second
- Cambridge grad or Class IV pass-out, education no bar for candidates
- HC extends stay on arrest of Teesta, four others till April 23
- Cong threatens legal action against Madhu Kishwar