Allahabad: 2 ITBP jawans shot dead in red light area
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- With Anna men in âwar roomâ, AAP-like ideas on table, Mamata dreams national
- Kejriwal kicks off campaign taking on Ambani, media, says all bought
- Konan Poshpora: Probe official speaks up, says was threatened
- Worried RSS plans inductions in BJP to âreformâ partyâs image
Two ITBP jawans were shot dead in a red light area of the city where they had allegedly picked up a fight with some touts, a police spokesman said on Monday.
Anoop Singh and Lalmani Thakur, posted at the ITBP's 18th battalion on the outskirts of the city, were shot dead by two men on a motorcycle late last night in the infamous Meerganj locality of the city when they were allegedly "haggling" with some touts, the spokesman said.
He said the two Indo-Tibetan Border Police jawans, both in their early 30s, had come there for a pleasure trip.
The jawans allegedly got into fisticuffs with some touts and soon after, a couple of men on a motorcycle shot at them and sped away, he said.
The jawans were rushed to a hospital where they succumbed to injuries, police said.
A case was lodged in this connection and investigation is on, they said.
- 4 more bodies found on Arunachal border, curfew in Assam town
- ‘Polls have come in the way of new norms for tech institutes’
- Food security Act also covers foreign nationals, refugees, says Law Ministry
- Lokayukta meets Bhardwaj over Bill
- Days before school admissions start, HC order on RTE creates confusion
- NGO seeks funds to train HIV+ patients