All-weather 1-km roads for gram panchayats
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
Altogether16,000 km of village roads would be developed through the launch of one kilometre all-weather roads in all of 3,349 gram panchayats in West Bengal from January 7. Four more rural roads in all gram panchayats would also be taken up on the same day, CM Mamata Banerjee said in a Facebook post Saturday.
She claimed the initiative "has no parallel in the history of rural development in the country." The state's highway development corporation has also taken up upgradation and rehabilitation of 1000 km of the state highway connecting with national highways.
The corporation has started work on converting the Dankuni to Chandannagar and Chandannagar to Mogra stretch into a four-lane passageway, she added.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer