All-weather 1-km roads for gram panchayats
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Altogether16,000 km of village roads would be developed through the launch of one kilometre all-weather roads in all of 3,349 gram panchayats in West Bengal from January 7. Four more rural roads in all gram panchayats would also be taken up on the same day, CM Mamata Banerjee said in a Facebook post Saturday.
She claimed the initiative "has no parallel in the history of rural development in the country." The state's highway development corporation has also taken up upgradation and rehabilitation of 1000 km of the state highway connecting with national highways.
The corporation has started work on converting the Dankuni to Chandannagar and Chandannagar to Mogra stretch into a four-lane passageway, she added.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express