Almond kernel declines in thin trade
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
In thin trading, almond kernel prices declined by Rs 5 per kg on the local dry fruits market today owing to slackened demand.
However, other dry fruits moved in a narrow range in limited deals and settled around previous levels.
Marketmen said slackened demand from retailers mainly helped almond kernel prices to trade lower.
In the national capital, almond kernel (California) shed Rs 5 to Rs 490-510 per kg.
The following are today's quotations (per 40 kg):
Almond (California) Rs 13,400 Almond (Gurbandi-new) Rs 7,000-7,800; Almond (Girdhi) Rs 3,200-3,400; Abjosh Afghani Rs 8,000-20,000.
Almond Kernel (California) Rs 490-510 per kg, Almond Kernel (Gurbandi-new) Rs 350-425 per kg.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi