Alok Joshi appointed next RAW head
- National Herald case: HC dismisses pleas of Sonia, Rahul Gandhi against summons; Cong to move SC
- India maul South Africa by 337 runs at Kotla, seal series 3-0
- Mumbai: One killed in massive slum fire in Kandivili
- Powerful earthquake jolts Tajikistan, tremors felt in Srinagar, NCR
- India-Pakistan talks: Good but not breaking news -- yet
Senior IPS officer Alok Joshi has been appointed as Secretary, Research and Analysis Wing.
Alok Joshi, a 1976 batch officer of Haryana Cadre, is presently Special Secretary in RAW under the Cabinet Secretariat.
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved Joshi's appointment for a period of two years or until further orders, whichever is earlier, in place of present incumbent S K Tripathi, on completion of his tenure on December 29, 2012, a press release said.
Joshi has served in Intelligence Bureau and Haryana Police with key operations in Nepal and Pakistan to his credit.
Meanwhile, Yashovardhan Azad, IPS, MP cadre, 1976 batch, presently Special Director, Intelligence Bureau, has been appointed as Secretary (Security), Cabinet Secretariat.
Azad will look after the administration of Special Protection Group (SPG), responsible for closely monitoring the security arrangements of the Prime Minister, former Prime Ministers and members of their immediate families in India and abroad.
The post was lying vacant following superannuation of A B Mathur, IPS.
- Nepal: Constitutional settlements require statesmanship and generosity, which is missing today
- Several problems with Delhi govt's odd-even formula, decision needs to be rethought
- The internet gender gap is widening the global development gap
- Raja-Mandala: Delhi to Rawalpindi
- Margi Sathi helped recreate Kutiyattam and Nangiarkoothu for a new audience
- Chennai Floods: The burden of bravery