Alok Joshi appointed next RAW head
- Independence Day: No exchange of traditional sweets between BSF, Pakistan Rangers
- Govt rules out Sushma's resignation; Rahul Gandhi targets PM Modi
- Sushma Swaraj attacks the Gandhis in Parliament: Top quotes
- Bombay High Court to decide on Maggi ban today
- Bihar polls: JDU, RJD to contest on 100 seats each, Congress to fight in 40 constituencies
Senior IPS officer Alok Joshi has been appointed as Secretary, Research and Analysis Wing.
Alok Joshi, a 1976 batch officer of Haryana Cadre, is presently Special Secretary in RAW under the Cabinet Secretariat.
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved Joshi's appointment for a period of two years or until further orders, whichever is earlier, in place of present incumbent S K Tripathi, on completion of his tenure on December 29, 2012, a press release said.
Joshi has served in Intelligence Bureau and Haryana Police with key operations in Nepal and Pakistan to his credit.
Meanwhile, Yashovardhan Azad, IPS, MP cadre, 1976 batch, presently Special Director, Intelligence Bureau, has been appointed as Secretary (Security), Cabinet Secretariat.
Azad will look after the administration of Special Protection Group (SPG), responsible for closely monitoring the security arrangements of the Prime Minister, former Prime Ministers and members of their immediate families in India and abroad.
The post was lying vacant following superannuation of A B Mathur, IPS.
The ACC has also approved the appointment of T Y Das, IAS Assam cadre, 1982 batch, presently Joint Secretary, Ministry of DONER, as Secretary, Central Information Commission, in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary.