Alok Joshi appointed next RAW head
- Fake degree case: Former Delhi law minister Tomar's police custody extended by two days
- Pakistan army makes veiled attack on India, accuses it of 'creating instability'
- Missing Dornier: Intermittent signals from Coast Guard aircraft, oil spill noticed again
- Rahul Gandhi meets sanitation workers for the second day
- Ludhiana: Ammonia gas leak mishap kills 5, leaves more than 140 injured
Senior IPS officer Alok Joshi has been appointed as Secretary, Research and Analysis Wing.
Alok Joshi, a 1976 batch officer of Haryana Cadre, is presently Special Secretary in RAW under the Cabinet Secretariat.
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved Joshi's appointment for a period of two years or until further orders, whichever is earlier, in place of present incumbent S K Tripathi, on completion of his tenure on December 29, 2012, a press release said.
Joshi has served in Intelligence Bureau and Haryana Police with key operations in Nepal and Pakistan to his credit.
Meanwhile, Yashovardhan Azad, IPS, MP cadre, 1976 batch, presently Special Director, Intelligence Bureau, has been appointed as Secretary (Security), Cabinet Secretariat.
Azad will look after the administration of Special Protection Group (SPG), responsible for closely monitoring the security arrangements of the Prime Minister, former Prime Ministers and members of their immediate families in India and abroad.
The post was lying vacant following superannuation of A B Mathur, IPS.
The ACC has also approved the appointment of T Y Das, IAS Assam cadre, 1982 batch, presently Joint Secretary, Ministry of DONER, as Secretary, Central Information Commission, in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary.