Alok Joshi appointed next RAW head
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Senior IPS officer Alok Joshi has been appointed as Secretary, Research and Analysis Wing.
Alok Joshi, a 1976 batch officer of Haryana Cadre, is presently Special Secretary in RAW under the Cabinet Secretariat.
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved Joshi's appointment for a period of two years or until further orders, whichever is earlier, in place of present incumbent S K Tripathi, on completion of his tenure on December 29, 2012, a press release said.
Joshi has served in Intelligence Bureau and Haryana Police with key operations in Nepal and Pakistan to his credit.
Meanwhile, Yashovardhan Azad, IPS, MP cadre, 1976 batch, presently Special Director, Intelligence Bureau, has been appointed as Secretary (Security), Cabinet Secretariat.
Azad will look after the administration of Special Protection Group (SPG), responsible for closely monitoring the security arrangements of the Prime Minister, former Prime Ministers and members of their immediate families in India and abroad.
The post was lying vacant following superannuation of A B Mathur, IPS.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food