Amateurs to fight for the final spot in Kapil Devís Team
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
More than 150 golfers will vie for a final spot in the Kapil Dev Ellora Chandigarh Amatuer team in the second Chandigarh qualifier, which gets underway at the greens of Panchkula Golf Club today.
The Panchkula Golf Club qualifier will be one of the 18 amateur qualifying rounds to be held in nine participating cities across India - Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Chandigarh and Greater Noida.
Over 150 golfers will be competing for the final third spot on the Dev Ellora Chandigarh amateur golf team to participate in the Louis Philippe Cup.
The winner at the Panchkula Golf Club in the handicap category of 0-15 will get a chance to represent the Dev Ellora Chandigarh team alongside top golfers like Sujjan Singh, Harendra Gupta, Ajeetesh Sandhu and other top professional golfers in the Louis Phillipe Cup to be held from February 13 at Gurgaon.
With a prize purse of Rs. 1.24 crore, this unique golf event, now in its second edition, will be a great opportunity for the enthusiastic golfers of India.
The combined 36 hole scores of the 3-member pro and 3-member amateur teams will determine the winners of the Pro-am title.
The scores of the 3-member pro team alone will determine which four top pro city teams progress to the semi-finals and then eventually to the finals of the Louis Philippe Cup.