Amazing to bat with highest century maker for England: Nick Compton
- After Fali Nariman, former SC judge questions Lokpal selection process
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Bihar: Flanked by Paswans, Narendra Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Nitin Gadkari's âproposalâ for Raj Thackeray: Donât put up candidates for LS polls
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
England opener Nick Compton today described the feeling of opening the batting with Alastair Cook as an "amazing one" and said that skipper helps him to "chill out" there in the middle.
"Standing up there today and looking at the board and the stats that Cook is the youngest to put 7000 runs. It was quite an amazing moment! I was batting with this guy, the all-time leading century-maker for England," Compton couldn't stop praising his opening partner.
Compton says that Cook has a very clear head and knows what exactly he's doing.
"I would say he's very clear. He seems to know exactly what he's doing and what he wants to do. For me, it's easy to chill out there at the other end. It becomes a big difference when you have a player of Cook's calibre."
The grandson of legendary Dennis Compton complimented Cook for his fantastic temperament.
"Being very unflappable is probably a good way to describe him (Cook). He's tough. I've really enjoyed the time I spent out there," Compton said.
"He's quite an easy guy to get used to. He keeps things very simple. It's just a good way to get to know someone by getting there in the middle. You can't be closer to someone really in the heat of the battle. I really enjoyed that."
Compton says that Cook is only 27 and his achievements speaks for him.
"He's still young. A lot of players get there at my age probably at 28-29 but he's still very young at 27. It speaks volumes about him."
The Somerset batsman compared Cook with burly former opener Marcus Trescothick.
"To bat with him in someways is similar to batting with (Marcus) Trescothick at Somerset. Clearly, they are different players but how clinical they are. They make very few mistakes on each delivery. Every ball is played in a similar fashion, he always sees the ball, when it's released."
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore