Ambedkar statue desecrated
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
A statue of B R Ambedkar was found desecrated in Gyanpur in the district on Tuesday morning, leading to tension in the area, police said.
BSP supporters gathered near the five-foot desecrated statue and started raising slogans.
Senior officials of police and administration rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control.
An FIR has been registered against unidentified persons, SP Ashok Kumar Shukla said, adding, a new statue would be installed at the spot.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since