Ambedkar statue desecrated
- Excessive rains wreak havoc in several states, 81 die due to flood
- Govt, Congress in war of words ahead of all-party meet
- Malaysia seeks help in finding more possible MH370 debris
- Sushma Swaraj has committed no crime: Parrikar on Lalit Modi case
- Congress hits back at Mahesh Sharma over his 'no work, no pay' remark
A statue of B R Ambedkar was found desecrated in Gyanpur in the district on Tuesday morning, leading to tension in the area, police said.
BSP supporters gathered near the five-foot desecrated statue and started raising slogans.
Senior officials of police and administration rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control.
An FIR has been registered against unidentified persons, SP Ashok Kumar Shukla said, adding, a new statue would be installed at the spot.