Ambedkar statue desecrated
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
A statue of B R Ambedkar was found desecrated in Gyanpur in the district on Tuesday morning, leading to tension in the area, police said.
BSP supporters gathered near the five-foot desecrated statue and started raising slogans.
Senior officials of police and administration rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control.
An FIR has been registered against unidentified persons, SP Ashok Kumar Shukla said, adding, a new statue would be installed at the spot.