Ambedkar statue desecrated
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Did not get personal with Narendra Modi, says Rahul Gandhi
A statue of B R Ambedkar was found desecrated in Gyanpur in the district on Tuesday morning, leading to tension in the area, police said.
BSP supporters gathered near the five-foot desecrated statue and started raising slogans.
Senior officials of police and administration rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control.
An FIR has been registered against unidentified persons, SP Ashok Kumar Shukla said, adding, a new statue would be installed at the spot.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit