Ambedkar's statue desecrated
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
Unidentified persons allegedly desecrated a statue of Dalit icon B R Ambedkar here on Friday, triggering protests by BSP activists, police said.
The matter came to notice after some locals informed the police about the incident at the Old Collectorate premises this afternoon, they said.
The incident led to protests by BSP activists who shouted slogans against the Samajwadi Party government after the news spread.
The situation was brought under control as the district administration got the statue repaired soon.