Ambedkar's statue desecrated
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH struggle in stiff chase against KXIP
Unidentified persons allegedly desecrated a statue of Dalit icon B R Ambedkar here on Friday, triggering protests by BSP activists, police said.
The matter came to notice after some locals informed the police about the incident at the Old Collectorate premises this afternoon, they said.
The incident led to protests by BSP activists who shouted slogans against the Samajwadi Party government after the news spread.
The situation was brought under control as the district administration got the statue repaired soon.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready