Ambulance hits truck, 5 die, patient survives
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI off to shaky start against RCB, lose Hussey early
Krishnagar: Five persons accompanying a cardiac patient in an ambulance were killed when it collided with a truck in Nadia district. The patient, however, escaped unhurt. Police said a group of six people, including the driver, were taking Jagabandhu Mondal from Lalbagh in Murshidabad district to a Kolkata hospital. The ambulance collided head-on with a 10-wheeler truck on NH-34 at Kapileswar under Haringhata police station and fell into a roadside ditch. While three died on the spot, two others succumbed to their injuries at Kalyani JNM Hospital.Eyewitnesses said the ambulance was moving at a high speed. Driver Ashraf Sheikh (22) was among the dead.
Fake notes seized, one held
Jhargram: Police seized fake currency notes with a face value of Rs 25,000 from one person at Nachhipur village in West Midnapore district. Acting on a tip off, police arrested Ajit Kumar of Kotshila in Purulia district and seized the counterfeit notes.