AMC to sign sister-city MoU with Houston
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Houston taking forward the sister-city partnership between Ahmedabad and the US cities. Earlier, the AMC had signed similar agreements with the American cities of Atlanta and Columbus.
A sister-city agreement is a partnership between two cities to carry out cultural, educational and business projects jointly.
Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC) (Gujarat) chairman Mihir Joshi said, "There is an invitation from the Houston mayor."
Meenaxi Patel, mayor of Ahmedabad said, "We are looking at industrial and cultural interaction, as the two cities are closely inter-linked. Since there is a considerable Gujarati population in Houston, we hope to bring these two cities closer on other platforms including education and exchange programmes."
IACC members met Ahmedabad mayor Meenaxi Patel on Thursday with regard to the issue.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy