American Airlines firms up orders for Boeing 787, 737 MAX
- Former Maharashtra home minister RR Patil passes away at 58
- HC to Manjhi govt: Don't take decisions having financial implications
- Kiran Bedi writes an open letter, says 'relieved my parents were not alive to see this'
- 'Fever gone', Kejriwal's top five priorities as he takes charge of Delhi
- It would be 'Bhaag BJP Bhaag' in 2016, says TMC after bypoll win
"The thing that really jumps out to me is that American is finally firming up a good chunk of the 787 orders," said Scott Hamilton an analyst at Leeham Co, an aviation consultancy in Seattle. "Those 787s had never been booked and are going to nicely add to the backlog of the 787s." Boeing currently has about 800 unfilled orders for 787s.
American said the 737 MAX airplanes, equipped with more fuel-efficient engines, will be delivered from 2018 through 2022. Under the updated agreement, American said it will have the option to buy 60 additional MAX planes from 2022 to 2025.
Delivery of the 787s would start in November 2014.
American also said in the filing that it revised a 2011 purchase agreement with EADS unit Airbus regarding the purchase of A320 family planes.