American Airlines firms up orders for Boeing 787, 737 MAX
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Supreme Court lifts mining ban in Goa, caps iron ore volume
- PMO begins work on Presidentâs Parliament speech for next govt
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage
- To prevent polarisation, EC tells Delhi Police âdonât publicise workâ
"The thing that really jumps out to me is that American is finally firming up a good chunk of the 787 orders," said Scott Hamilton an analyst at Leeham Co, an aviation consultancy in Seattle. "Those 787s had never been booked and are going to nicely add to the backlog of the 787s." Boeing currently has about 800 unfilled orders for 787s.
American said the 737 MAX airplanes, equipped with more fuel-efficient engines, will be delivered from 2018 through 2022. Under the updated agreement, American said it will have the option to buy 60 additional MAX planes from 2022 to 2025.
Delivery of the 787s would start in November 2014.
American also said in the filing that it revised a 2011 purchase agreement with EADS unit Airbus regarding the purchase of A320 family planes.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready