American Airlines firms up orders for Boeing 787, 737 MAX
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
"The thing that really jumps out to me is that American is finally firming up a good chunk of the 787 orders," said Scott Hamilton an analyst at Leeham Co, an aviation consultancy in Seattle. "Those 787s had never been booked and are going to nicely add to the backlog of the 787s." Boeing currently has about 800 unfilled orders for 787s.
American said the 737 MAX airplanes, equipped with more fuel-efficient engines, will be delivered from 2018 through 2022. Under the updated agreement, American said it will have the option to buy 60 additional MAX planes from 2022 to 2025.
Delivery of the 787s would start in November 2014.
American also said in the filing that it revised a 2011 purchase agreement with EADS unit Airbus regarding the purchase of A320 family planes.