American Idol judge Nicki Minaj calls Steven Tyler racist
- AAP battles Modi in Delhi, Congress missing
- First time, Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, calls her change ânakliâ
- Third phase of LS polls ends: High turnout in 91 seats; Chandigarh tops with 74 per cent
- Riot victims fight fear to vote, get glimpse of home
- Narendra Modi mentioned wife in poll affidavit after SC order on full disclosure
'American Idol' judge Nicki Minaj has accused Steven Tyler of making racist comments against her after the rocker mocked her judging ablities on the music reality show.
Minaj is set to join Mariah Carey, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson on the new panel but she is already at war with Carey and now with Tyler.
The 64-year-old rocker, who judged the previous season, does not believe that Minaj will do a great job of spotting talent, the Daily Mail reported.
"... If it was Bob Dylan, Nicki Minaj would have had him sent to the cornfield! Whereas, if it was Bob Dylan with us, we would have brought the best of him out, as we did with Phillip Phillips. Just saying," Tyler told MTV in an interview.
An understandably miffed Minaj tweeted, "Steven Tyler said I would have sent Bob Dylan to a cornfield??? Steven, you haven't seen me judge one single solitary contestant yet!," Minaj tweeted.
The young singer also mocked Aerosmith frontman for failing to keep his job on 'American Idol'.
"I understand you really wanted to keep your job but take that up with the producers. I haven't done anything to you. That's a racist comment. You assume that I wouldn't have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what?... ," said Minaj while ending her tweet with an expletive.
- Srinath wins title but Deshpande steals show
- Ambala Lok Sabha constituency: 65.15 pc vote in Panchkula district
- ‘No smoking’ signages to dot polling booths
- City breaks electoral record as 74 pc turn out to vote
- BJP campaign in Varanasi starts April 12 — without Modi
- Cong spending Rs 50 cr on each constituency: Kumaraswamy