American Idol judge Nicki Minaj calls Steven Tyler racist
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
'American Idol' judge Nicki Minaj has accused Steven Tyler of making racist comments against her after the rocker mocked her judging ablities on the music reality show.
Minaj is set to join Mariah Carey, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson on the new panel but she is already at war with Carey and now with Tyler.
The 64-year-old rocker, who judged the previous season, does not believe that Minaj will do a great job of spotting talent, the Daily Mail reported.
"... If it was Bob Dylan, Nicki Minaj would have had him sent to the cornfield! Whereas, if it was Bob Dylan with us, we would have brought the best of him out, as we did with Phillip Phillips. Just saying," Tyler told MTV in an interview.
An understandably miffed Minaj tweeted, "Steven Tyler said I would have sent Bob Dylan to a cornfield??? Steven, you haven't seen me judge one single solitary contestant yet!," Minaj tweeted.
The young singer also mocked Aerosmith frontman for failing to keep his job on 'American Idol'.
"I understand you really wanted to keep your job but take that up with the producers. I haven't done anything to you. That's a racist comment. You assume that I wouldn't have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what?... ," said Minaj while ending her tweet with an expletive.