American Idol judge Nicki Minaj calls Steven Tyler racist
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
'American Idol' judge Nicki Minaj has accused Steven Tyler of making racist comments against her after the rocker mocked her judging ablities on the music reality show.
Minaj is set to join Mariah Carey, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson on the new panel but she is already at war with Carey and now with Tyler.
The 64-year-old rocker, who judged the previous season, does not believe that Minaj will do a great job of spotting talent, the Daily Mail reported.
"... If it was Bob Dylan, Nicki Minaj would have had him sent to the cornfield! Whereas, if it was Bob Dylan with us, we would have brought the best of him out, as we did with Phillip Phillips. Just saying," Tyler told MTV in an interview.
An understandably miffed Minaj tweeted, "Steven Tyler said I would have sent Bob Dylan to a cornfield??? Steven, you haven't seen me judge one single solitary contestant yet!," Minaj tweeted.
The young singer also mocked Aerosmith frontman for failing to keep his job on 'American Idol'.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi