American Idol judge Nicki Minaj calls Steven Tyler racist
- Bihar records highest ever turnout, exit poll says wait for Sunday
- Maharashtra hands over cases against underworld don Chhota Rajan to CBI
- Protesting against FTII crisis, 24 artists return their national awards
- Ahead of Diwali, PM Narendra Modi launches three gold schemes
- Spot the difference between Delhi and Bihar elections
'American Idol' judge Nicki Minaj has accused Steven Tyler of making racist comments against her after the rocker mocked her judging ablities on the music reality show.
Minaj is set to join Mariah Carey, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson on the new panel but she is already at war with Carey and now with Tyler.
The 64-year-old rocker, who judged the previous season, does not believe that Minaj will do a great job of spotting talent, the Daily Mail reported.
"... If it was Bob Dylan, Nicki Minaj would have had him sent to the cornfield! Whereas, if it was Bob Dylan with us, we would have brought the best of him out, as we did with Phillip Phillips. Just saying," Tyler told MTV in an interview.
An understandably miffed Minaj tweeted, "Steven Tyler said I would have sent Bob Dylan to a cornfield??? Steven, you haven't seen me judge one single solitary contestant yet!," Minaj tweeted.
The young singer also mocked Aerosmith frontman for failing to keep his job on 'American Idol'.
- Welcome to Pakistan, Shah Rukh
- By declaring emergency, the Maldives has only shed its pretence of democracy
- The McKinsey report makes an economic case for gender parity. It’s problematic
- Why India must track China’s 13th five-year plan
- Ancient Roman wisdom 'centuriation' offers a solution to the European refugee crisis
- Congress is as afraid of coming clean as BJP is quick to exploit ambiguities on the issue