Amid Modi talk, Rajnath calls for restraint, patience
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI struggle to 115/9 against RCB
With the clamour for Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to be declared the BJP's prime ministerial candidate growing, party president Rajnath Singh Wednesday issued a veiled warning, cautioning party leaders to observe restraint in their statements.
"Party workers should work for strengthening the party. They should observe restraint in their statements. Leaders should maintain good speech and conduct... They should have patience," said Singh, who met Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj today.
Earlier, after Yashwant Sinha's statement backing Modi for the top job, Singh had said that the BJP parliamentary board would decide on the issue. Sources said the BJP leadership has taken a grim view of the "indiscipline" in the form of partymen speaking out of turn on issues over which it is yet to take a call.