Amid Modi talk, Rajnath calls for restraint, patience
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- On Rahul campaign, Sonia tells Amethi: âLike Indira, I gave my son to youâ
With the clamour for Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to be declared the BJP's prime ministerial candidate growing, party president Rajnath Singh Wednesday issued a veiled warning, cautioning party leaders to observe restraint in their statements.
"Party workers should work for strengthening the party. They should observe restraint in their statements. Leaders should maintain good speech and conduct... They should have patience," said Singh, who met Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj today.
Earlier, after Yashwant Sinha's statement backing Modi for the top job, Singh had said that the BJP parliamentary board would decide on the issue. Sources said the BJP leadership has taken a grim view of the "indiscipline" in the form of partymen speaking out of turn on issues over which it is yet to take a call.