Amit Shah: Our CM is PM material
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress moves EC over Modi's roadshow in Varanasi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
State's former minister of state (home) Amit Shah Saturday backed Narendra Modi as the future prime minister saying the chief minister has "all the qualities" required for the top post.
Earlier, Sushma Swaraj and Gopinath Munde, during their visit to Gujarat, had said Modi was fit and competent to become the prime minister.
"Whether he should be made PM or not, only the party will only decide. But I can say Modi has all the qualities in him to become a prime ministerial candidate," Shah, considered close to Modi, said.
Shah, who is out in bail, is contesting elections from Naranpura constituency of the city. "We have able and successful leadership in the form of Modi," he said.
Shah is an accused in Sohrabuddin Sheikh and Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter cases. He returned to Gujarat after a gap of two years following the Supreme Court judgment allowing him to enter the state, rejecting the CBI plea to cancel the bail granted to him in the 2005 Sohrabuddin encounter case.
Taking a dig at Congress, Shah said the party had no leader to project in Gujarat. "Supposing Congress bags majority, who would be their leader... It is a very big issue," he said.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling