Amit to recreate Naino Mein Sapna magic for Himmatwala
- Hummer horror case: Kerala court awards life sentence for convict Muhammad Nisham
- Pathankot attack part of our activity, nothing to do with Indo-Pak dialogue: Hizb-ul Mujahideen chief
- Rohit Vemula suicide: Dalit staff lay low in fear of being dubbed anti-national
- Pathankot: Intruder shot dead by BSF along Indo-Pak border
- Rohith Vemula got call from cops, notice from hostel
Legendary playback singer Kishore Kumar's son Amit will be crooning the iconic song 'Naino Mein Sapna' in the remake version of Jeetendra-Sridevi starrer Himmatwala.
Director Sajid Khan got Amit Kumar to re-record the chartbuster track in the new version of the film. Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore had lent their voices for the original song.
"We wanted to recreate the magic of 'Naino Mein Sapna' song. The original was sung by a legend, for the male version we wanted someone who can do justice to the iconic song. Amit's voice is very good. I feel no one except Amit could have sung 'Naino Mein Sapna'. He has sung exactly like Kishore Kumarji," said Sajid.
Shreya Ghoshal will be the female voice. As the makers already had the rights to the song, they have retained the first few lines from the original. The music has been provided by Sajid-Wajid.
Himmatwala is the remake of the yesteryear's superhit film of the same name, starring Jeetendra and Sridevi. The new one has Ajay Devgn and southern star Tamanna Bhatia playing the main leads.
- What if law not dictate but allows old customs and traditions to do their work?
- Strictly regulated and independently audited jallikattu is the way to go
- Half-baked explanation to remove coconut tree from Preservation of Trees Act
- Telescope: Why we don’t do comedy well
- Of deaths and births
- It is not incidental that Rohith Chakravarthi Vemula and his dissent were crushed