Amit to recreate Naino Mein Sapna magic for Himmatwala
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Legendary playback singer Kishore Kumar's son Amit will be crooning the iconic song 'Naino Mein Sapna' in the remake version of Jeetendra-Sridevi starrer Himmatwala.
Director Sajid Khan got Amit Kumar to re-record the chartbuster track in the new version of the film. Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore had lent their voices for the original song.
"We wanted to recreate the magic of 'Naino Mein Sapna' song. The original was sung by a legend, for the male version we wanted someone who can do justice to the iconic song. Amit's voice is very good. I feel no one except Amit could have sung 'Naino Mein Sapna'. He has sung exactly like Kishore Kumarji," said Sajid.
Shreya Ghoshal will be the female voice. As the makers already had the rights to the song, they have retained the first few lines from the original. The music has been provided by Sajid-Wajid.
Himmatwala is the remake of the yesteryear's superhit film of the same name, starring Jeetendra and Sridevi. The new one has Ajay Devgn and southern star Tamanna Bhatia playing the main leads.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?