Amit to recreate Naino Mein Sapna magic for Himmatwala
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy moves Supreme Court for cancellation of arrest warrant
- AAP announces second list of candidates, Rajmohan Gandhi to contest from East Delhi
- Admiral DK Joshi was disturbed, requested me to accept resignation: AK Antony
- Narendra Modi beats Rahul Gandhi in popularity, says US think tank
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
Legendary playback singer Kishore Kumar's son Amit will be crooning the iconic song 'Naino Mein Sapna' in the remake version of Jeetendra-Sridevi starrer Himmatwala.
Director Sajid Khan got Amit Kumar to re-record the chartbuster track in the new version of the film. Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore had lent their voices for the original song.
"We wanted to recreate the magic of 'Naino Mein Sapna' song. The original was sung by a legend, for the male version we wanted someone who can do justice to the iconic song. Amit's voice is very good. I feel no one except Amit could have sung 'Naino Mein Sapna'. He has sung exactly like Kishore Kumarji," said Sajid.
Shreya Ghoshal will be the female voice. As the makers already had the rights to the song, they have retained the first few lines from the original. The music has been provided by Sajid-Wajid.
Himmatwala is the remake of the yesteryear's superhit film of the same name, starring Jeetendra and Sridevi. The new one has Ajay Devgn and southern star Tamanna Bhatia playing the main leads.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight