Amitabh Bachchan felicitated by University of Mumbai
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has been felicitated by the University of Mumbai for his achievements in the Indian film industry for the the past 42 years.
The 70-year-old actor took to his blog to thank the university for the special honour.
"The University of Mumbai felicitates me. They give me huge amount of blessings and gratitude. Surrounded by great learning capacity, my height could be tall, but my qualifications are even shorter than the shortest," Bachchan posted.
The actor also expressed his surprise when he learnt that a part of the Commerce syllabus has been dedicated to him.
"The Commerce department tells me that I form a portion of their syllabus. Teaching my phenomena to the students. They find it interesting enough for it to be a tool as a case study.