Amitabh Bachchan felicitated by University of Mumbai
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Maxwell, Miller lead KXIP to stunning win
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has been felicitated by the University of Mumbai for his achievements in the Indian film industry for the the past 42 years.
The 70-year-old actor took to his blog to thank the university for the special honour.
"The University of Mumbai felicitates me. They give me huge amount of blessings and gratitude. Surrounded by great learning capacity, my height could be tall, but my qualifications are even shorter than the shortest," Bachchan posted.
The actor also expressed his surprise when he learnt that a part of the Commerce syllabus has been dedicated to him.
"The Commerce department tells me that I form a portion of their syllabus. Teaching my phenomena to the students. They find it interesting enough for it to be a tool as a case study.
"I have never felt so embarrassed before. I shall acknowledge your affection but to attribute all else to me and to give me that additional value is not something that I would endorse or accept," he said.
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota
- ‘Start political revolution by defeating Rahul, Modi’
- Count of Monte Carlo: Wawrinka tames master, becomes one