Amitabh Bachchan finds working therapeutic
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
He might be 70 but megastar Amitabh Bachchan likes to be occupied with work and hopes that he stays busy always.
Amitabh Bachchan, who is currently shooting Prakash Jha's next film Satyagraha in Bhopal, said work has a "therapeutic" effect on him.
"The sun sets again and another day of turmoil comes to an end. The work is the place that I would like to be always. It is almost like a balm across an aching forehead - therapeutic. Work dissects me from the daily and hourly burdens, that man carries, perhaps right to his grave," he posted on his blog.
The actor also said working gives him satisfaction in life.
"The atmosphere around a unit at work is intoxicating. There is always ofcourse the feel of being aware of all about. Not just the place of work, but also matters that concern us individually. Mostly those that remain in the realm of domesticity. It is impossible to be in a situation of enactment, when thoughts and mind are occupied else where," he added.
Bachchan is also gearing up for the release of his Hollywood debut project The Great Gatsby, which will release on May 10.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state