Amitabh Bachchan forbids wife Jaya to contest Lok Sabha polls
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Actor and Samajwadi Party Rajya Sabha member Jaya Bachchan has said that she would never contest Lok Sabha elections as her husband megastar Amitabh Bachchan does not want her to do so.
Asked whether she plans to contest 2014 Lok Sabha election from Bhadoi, which she has announced to develop as a model district, Jaya told reporters last evening that she would not contest election from anywhere because her husband Amitabh does not wish her to do so.
She said that if such a situation arises then he would ask her to sit at home.
On being asked about Amar Singh's re-entry into the SP, she said that it was a closed chapter, a star which has vanished.
The Rajya Sabha MP said that those who were saying that FDI came due to SP and BSP should understand that while BSP supported, SP walked out in protest.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2