Amitabh Bachchan forbids wife Jaya to contest Lok Sabha polls
- A father-daughter angle in latest IPL conflict of interest
- Modi govt clears projects but where are the orders?
- Markets lower expectations: Analysts re-rate mid-term forecast for stock market indices
- AAP rebels get the boot but it’s Ashish Khetan kicking and screaming
- Crew have ‘verbally’ admitted they are Pak nationals: Coast Guard
Actor and Samajwadi Party Rajya Sabha member Jaya Bachchan has said that she would never contest Lok Sabha elections as her husband megastar Amitabh Bachchan does not want her to do so.
Asked whether she plans to contest 2014 Lok Sabha election from Bhadoi, which she has announced to develop as a model district, Jaya told reporters last evening that she would not contest election from anywhere because her husband Amitabh does not wish her to do so.
She said that if such a situation arises then he would ask her to sit at home.
On being asked about Amar Singh's re-entry into the SP, she said that it was a closed chapter, a star which has vanished.
The Rajya Sabha MP said that those who were saying that FDI came due to SP and BSP should understand that while BSP supported, SP walked out in protest.
Thus saying that SP and BSP were the same was wrong, she said.