Amitabh Bachchan honoured at Florence Film festival
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has been honoured at the ongoing River To River 2012 Indian Film Festival in Florence, where he was presented with the keys of the City of Firenze.
The 70-year-old actor said he was overwhelmed with the beauty of the capital city of the Italian region of Tuscany as well as the honour bestowed on him.
"Overwhelmed as I am with the beauty and elegance of Firenze, the opening of the River to River 12 India Film Festival tonight at the Odeon Cinema, one of its oldest is a delight to be present at, where the Deputy Mayor of the City, with his designated sash or ribbon of honour around his shoulder, presents me with the keys of the City of Firenze, and invites me to the city again not as a tourist but as a guest.
"Nothing could have been more overwhelming than this recognition, in the presence of the Ambassador to Italy of India and other distinguished guests," Bachchan wrote on his blog.
The seven day film extravaganza will also have a retrospective of Bachchan, where his films like "Deewar", "Black" and "Sholay" will be screened.
'Everlasting Light', a documentary on the life and career of Big B by Ram Madhvani, will also be screened at the fest.
- Internal Maoist document targets 12 political leaders
- Forces didn’t follow SoP, says MHA
- ‘Teesta NGOs got foreign donations worth Rs 4 cr’
- Unable to pay to cheat, another student tries to kill himself in UP
- ‘Ignored’ by AAP, Mallika says won’t contest LS elections
- He didn’t want to lose a year, mother had mortgaged ring to arrange ‘bribe’
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express