When Amitabh Bachchan bested Sachin Tendulkar, Narendra Modi, Nitish Kumar and more
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Fresh FIR against Azam Khan
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP wants to destroy secular values, only Congress promises secularism, says Sonia Gandhi
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has won the title of India's Prime Icon ahead of cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar, melody queen Lata Mangeshkar and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Bachchan, 70, was felicitated by actresses Priyanka Chopra and Anushka Sharma at an event here where he was given the title.
"Honoured and humbled that Priyanka Chopra and Anushka Sharma take time out to present me India's Prime Icon of 2012 at CBS/BigFM.
"Prime Icon??!! Gosh that is far too far fetched for me... and to have Sachin, Lataji, Aamir (Khan), SRK (Shah Rukh Khan), Modi, Nitish (Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar)... as contenders," he posted on Twitter.
Bachchan also said that he reached the venue on time,while the attendees were yet to arrive.
"Reached venue on time at 7 pm, and no one there...!! Story of my life... so did a mock speech, mock award receipt and mock left!
"But most importantly the audience had students from 4 prime colleges of the city - IIT, Management School... for a live interview," he added.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit