Amitabh Bachchan injured in 'attack' by Shiv Sena men on visiting Bal Thackeray at Matoshree
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi files his nomination from Varanasi, says technology upgradation and branding needed for development of Kashi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Manmohan Singh casts vote in Guwahati, dismisses Modi-wave in country
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
Cine superstar Amitabh Bachchan, who was amongst the first to rush to Matoshree to ask about the welfare of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray after news of his being put on life support spread, was met by an angry crowd gathered around Matoshree.
Bachchan, who had appealed to the crowd to remain calm, was roughed up by an angry group, which had become quite emotional after news about Thackeray's deteriorating health spread.
Big B was injured, his kurta torn and he received slight injuries on his arm.
However, the nature of the injuries were not serious, with Bachchan himself tweeting that he was treated by the doctors at Matoshree itself for cuts and bruises, and that he was all right.
That Bachchan was feeling quite nostalgic about events and his tumultuous relationship with Thackeray is clear from the fact that he tweeted: "At height of Bofors scandal, Bal asked me, 'are you involved?'"
"When I said no, he said, 'Don't worry, I am with you. You are an actor, go do what you are best at'."
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling