Amitabh Bachchan is timeless: Chitrangda Singh
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Won't do anything with bad intentions, says Modi as BJP unveils poll manifesto
- BJP manifesto promises good governance, includes contentious issues like Ram Temple and Article 370
- Coal block scam: CVC Pradeep Kumar recuses himself from SC probe panel
- Chandrababu Naidu's TDP back in NDA, joins hands with BJP
- Lok Sabha elections: Lok Sabha elections: 41 pc polling in Tripura till noon
Chitrangda Singh is excited to share the screen space with Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan in the upcoming film 'Pehle Aap Janab', which was earlier titled as 'Mehrunissa'.
The 37-year-old model-actress, who will start shooting the film in January, said it is a dream come true to star opposite her screen idol.
"Amitabh Bachchan is timeless. He is my screen idol since childhood. I am extremely excited and looking forward to work with him in 'Pehle Aap Janab'. We will start shooting the film in January," Chitrangda told PTI.
For 'Pehle Aap Janab', Chitrangda is again teaming up with her mentor Sudhir Mishra, The duo have worked together on 'Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi', 'Yeh Saali Zindagi' and 'Inkaar' in the past. The actress calls him "genius of improvisation".
"His scripts are very different from the end results. He is one person whose characters in the films have loads of interesting realities attached to them. His character has an honesty and most importantly he always portray women in a powerful light in his films," she said.
Mishra's last release 'Inkaar' dealt with sexual harassment faced by women in corporate set-up. Asked what she feels about Tarun Tejpal issue, she said, "I don't know what exactly happened in Tarun Tejpal's case. I just want to say that whenever there is a powerplay by men there will always be issues like sexual harassment."
Chitrangda walked the ramp for Azva at the ongoing India Bridal Fashion Week in Mumbai. She graced the runway as a modern bride in fashion designer Tarun Tahilian's red lehenga.
Her walk on the ramp as a bride brought the memories of her marriage back with Indian golfer Jyoti Randhawa.
"It reminded me of my marriage. I was very anxious the whole day but the moment slipped off quickly. But today, I am feeling very different as the outfit is specially carved for a modern bride. My whole look was designed by my friend Tarun," she said.
- Smriti Irani campaigns in Amethi, attacks Rahul for lack of progress
- Candidates steering towards auto unions to rev up support
- ‘Will send builders of illegal structures to jail’
- To root out corruption, vote for change and give the new face a chance, says Bains
- Green campaign: Phoolka to ride cycle, Bittu talks of birds
- SUV driver hits car, tries to run over inspector at naka; cases registered