Amitabh Bachchan not playing Pakistani lawyer in Sarabjit's biopic: Subhash Ghai
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rise above caste to elect a development-oriented government, says Modi
- RBI: Growth rate to stay under 6 per cent
- Encounter on in Jammu, two terrorists killed; highway closed
- Narendra Modi has deep character flaws... wouldâve fought in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: PC
- SC dismisses Centre's plea to review decision on Rajiv Gandhi killers
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan will not be playing the role of a Pakistani lawyer in a biopic on slain Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh.
Filmmaker Subhash Ghai is bringing on screen the story of Sarabjit, who spent 22-years in a Pakistan jail on espionage charges. The death row convict, who was a native of Punjab,died in a prison in Lahore this year after an attack by
Ghai said he is looking for a new actor to portray the part as Bachchan is already committed to play the role of a lawyer in another movie.
"I need to clarify that Amitabh Bachchan has not signed the film. After reading the script, he suggested that he is playing a lawyer's role in some other project for which he is committed. So, we have mutually agreed not to cast him in this film," Ghai told PTI.
"I would love to work with a legend like him. But, now we shall announce another actor soon," he said.
The film, produced by Ghai, will see newcomer Anurag Sinha playing the role of Sarabjit. Sonakshi Sinha is apparently essaying the role of Sarabjit's sister - Dalbir Kaur. The film will be directed by Ishwar Singh.
- As campaigning picks up, candidates focus on strength areas of rivals
- 143 restaurants offer 30% discount to voters on April 30
- Auto union strike: Drivers demand Tricity permit
- RO serves Pawan Bansal show-cause notice
- BJP releases ‘chargesheet’ listing 16 Cong ‘scams’
- From mobile apps to post cards to call centres, parties go all out to woo voters